29 December 2010

The Woes of Life, love and everything in between

     Growing up we watch romance movies where the guy chases a woman all over the world (at times) just to prove that he loves her.  He swoons her and shows her in every way how much he loves her and how much she means to him.
     What no one told us was that once we got into a real life relationship, most of the swooning stops after you both confess your love, move in with each other, get married.  Why, I don't know.  It seems that maybe we think we don't have to prove our love anymore. Especially those who are married.  When you think of it, once you are married you have shown your greatest gesture of love.  You have shown that no matter what you have been through with each other you are committing your life to each other til death do you part.
      I think this might be why some marriages/relationships don't work out.  Either both or one of the persons involved stops trying.  I know that when I watch movies and the main couple have had their fights and then at the very end they forgive and kiss....to me that kiss says so much.  Yes, I know it's just a movie and things really don't happen in real life like that... but wouldn't that be amazing?  To literally kiss and everything is better.  Yes, they say you can kiss and makeup. Here is my question, how many of those kisses were like the ones in the movies? The ones that make every part of your being just scream with joy, the kind that make your heart sigh.  I know me and my husband have had some of those kisses... but man how I wish they could all be like that.  But, then again, sometimes, I wish our love was like a movie. No fights, no tears, no heartache. Just love and everything about you and the one that you love.  We live in the real world though where there are bills and surprises (and Murphy's Law) where things never really go the way they should and things are always going wrong. 
     Even though I wish we had that fairy tale romance, I know that our love is perfect, in the way that it needs to be for us.  It is who we are, and perfectly showcases me and my husband.  I couldn't ask for a better love nor a better marriage.
     So, for those who are in doubt. Please know that there is love out there.  You just have to open your eyes, ears, and heart and honestly see what is in front of you.  Don't give up on love. Don't give up on finding that 'fairy tale romance' because deep down, don't we all make our own version of a fairy tale?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment