25 October 2010

Back window looking out

No matter how hard I try I do not understand the world and the evil that exists in it. I do not understand the cruel nature of people. I just really cannot grasp this concept that in life people are going to do nothing more than hurt you.  I didn't sign up for this. This isn't the way that we as a people should be treating people.  Why?? 
Growing up we make playground best friends. We never cared what they wore, how they looked, how much money their mom and dad made. All we knew and cared about was that they played the same games as us and well, there was no better scenario than for them to become our best friend.  Then, one day, they have to move away, or maybe you move away, and you are looking through a back windshield crying your eyes out. Oh yea, straight out of a movie. They were your best friend and that will never change. You never forget your childhood friends.
So here is my thing, why is it that when we get older, move out on our own, we chose our friends by their weight, looks, what they wear, (some people even judge how much their income is) or how they act. All of the sudden because we are adults we have to become serious? What about the concept of live, laugh, love.  I always try to laugh like a child at least once a day.  This makes my soul feel better. But, being a Marine Wife made me realize that in this way of life, you have to go back to your roots and make friends on life's  playground. You don't have the time to slowly become friends. Not because you don't chose too, but because their husband's will get relocated. This sucks. One of the wives I am friends with out here is moving Thursday. I mean yes their are phone calls, but we can't come over for dinner. We can't just call each other and go to the bar together. We have to wait, till we take leave to see them. This breaks my heart. I also have another friend who is moving to San Diego in Feb. this is going to be by far the hardest friend to say good bye too.  This is going to kill me. Guess I know how my friends back home felt as I was waving to them and throwing kisses saying that I loved them. I am learning the hard way what it feels like for someone to leave you, instead of you leaving them. I thought telling them that well, we will still see each other was going to work, and it did... for me.  But, with the shoe being on the other foot... this freaking sucks. I just feel like everything is falling apart so quickly and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Nothing I can say, I feel helpless... hopeless even. I know that it's where their life is taking them, and it's probably the best for them. But, where does that leave me? Standing here drowning in my own sorrows? Losing a friend because they have to move.  No one prepared me for this. I don't care how many military wife books you read.. nothing can actually help you get over something like this.  I don't know. Maybe I am over reacting. Maybe I am not. Who cares, it's how I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment