30 March 2011

Our 'See you later"

     My husband left Monday to head out on our second deployment.  My emotions were running all crazy through the whole day (seeing as I am pregnant) but I did good and kept it together.  I promised myself he wouldn't see me cry.  After standing out in the rain and 34 degree weather (yes it's winter weather in March) with a couple of good friends we were finally directed to go inside.  (Nice of them to let us know the building was open the whole time).  A really good friend of ours came to see her 'brudder' off (which I know wasn't easy for her) and we had lots of laughs and made some funny memories.  After eating some delish food (thanks for that USO!) and sitting around waiting for a better part of a day we finally got word that it was time to go.  I kept saying to myself, "It's only see you later, you've been through this already, buck up lady." and it seemed to be working great.  As we gave our hugs and kisses and the girls gave daddy their love, I decided that watching the buses leave was just a little much for me.  Me, the kids, and our friends walked out to the cars and chatted for a few minutes. I finally explained that I needed to go because the buses would be leaving soon, I heard the buses start up to leave.  As I rushed to get out of the parking lot so I could beat them, I was stopped.  They let all 26 buses go in front of me.  So yes, I sat there in my car and watched each and every bus pass by me.  Oh, wait it gets better.  Now while I wanted to let some cars get in front of me it didn't happen.  So the Marines motioned for me to go forward, thus having me follow the buses all the way off base. (how fun right) but it didn't stop off base.  They were going to a port that was past where we live so I had to follow them until I turned onto my street.  STILL!!! I did not cry. I was so proud of myself. I really kept it together.  Then at 2200 I got a pregnancy craving for a Philly Cheese Steak Sub. I figured I"ll just have it delivered because I didn't want to drag our girls out in the cold, plus the had been asleep for a couple of hours.  After calling umpteen different places and finding out that they didn't deliver or where closed I had a melt down.  I walked into our room (because if my hubs isn't in the living room that is where he is) and went to ask him to go get a sub for me.  I remembered very quickly that he wasn't in our room or even in our house for that matter... he was on a ship sailing off to an unknown area.  I lost it. Completely had a melt down.  I pulled it together because I remember Domino's makes subs I called them.  They were closing.  Ugh.  After having a melt down with the woman on the phone she promised to have a sub delivered if I would stop crying. Haha.  So a big thanks to Domino's for going above and beyond to get this pregnant emotional lady a sub.   I felt so silly after wards for crying over a sub, but after talking to a good friend, realized I'm allowed to have a break down, I'm pregnant and my husband just left. 
I am feeling much better now that I had that nice long cry and talk.  So here is to a good deployment and fast deployment.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment