12 May 2010

Anxious

So we are now just days away from my husband coming home.  He will be here Saturday morning. (0050)  I couldn't be more excited about this!!  But, when it comes to getting the house ready. I am a nervous wreck. I can't get one thought put together, let alone clean an entire house and organize. haha. Anyways, like I have said in many of my other posts, I am excited and yet saddened about homecoming. Not only will my dear friend, Rachel, be in my thoughts, but all the families who will never get to experience their homecoming with their loved ones. I looked online the other day, and JUST MARINES ALONE, from the months of October 2009 to May 2010 there were 172 Marines who gained wings. What is even more saddening is the fact that May isn't over yet. What is even more saddening then that..... there will be more guys going over there time and time again. I will constantly have this heavy worry on my heart. It will never go away. No matter how busy I get, I will always have this worry. Before Jonny was killed, I thought that I got upset when I heard about Marines being killed over there. Then, on that dreadful day, March 15, 2010 0805 my best friend called and told me what had happened to Jonny. Now, when I hear about a Marine (amy branch of the military really, Marines just hit me harder since my husband is  a Marine) being killed, or gaining their wings, as I have learned to say... I fall apart. To me it's like opening the wound all over again. I have seen the damage that is done to a family when their service member is KIA, and to be honest. I wouldn't wish that on any one. Not even my worst enemy. Anyways, I am going to go for now. Thanks for reading. Oh, and I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment