08 May 2010

Holes in the Floors of Heaven

Words cannot express how I feel right now. I am going to try to write it all out though. (deep breath) Wednesday yet another Marine was killed in Afghanistan. Another families whole world has been shattered. My heart weeps over this. I hate the fact that I know (to some extent) of what his family is about to go through. I know that feeling in the pit of your stomach when someone you love gets carried off that plane. No movie can do it justice. I only wish that no one else would expeirence the feelings that I not only watched but went through as well.
I am suppose to go to a graduation party today... and yet I am finding it hard to go out and celebrate. Nothing in the article I read gives hint to a wife... but then again it didn't say who he was survived by.  Now there is talk about recycling our guys over there... which means that no matter what the media tried to beat into American's heads... this war is no where near from being over. After they started cycling our guys in Iraq.. it took 7 years before it got to where it is now. To me... all this means is more families are going to be tore apart. This is not fair. But I know that every man (and woman) that goes over there is ready to go and fight for their country.
Also I find it hard to not want our guys over there kicking ass when I hear about this SUV bomber and then just yesterday there was an attempted suicide bus bomb. And with that I will leave you with a quote that I found online....

Give me a hero... and I will write you a tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment