28 June 2011

It's not all gumdrops and unicorns.

     So as most of you know (I say this as if I have hundreds of followers, but I appreciate the ones I have!) I am married to a Marine and we have two daughters with another on the way.  Well, he is currently deployed.  I have reached out to some of the women of this BTN to help them....and all I hear from the ones with kids is how they are single parents while they are gone.  No, no you are not.  I have friends who are single parents.  They have to go and work longs shifts to pay the rent and they are the only ones for their kids.  They do not have a date to look forward to so that they can get their kids back in check.  They don't get the nicety of sitting at home with their kids and not have to worry about money because well, their husband is making the money.  It all depends on them.  I am not down playing how hard it is to go from getting help raising your children while your husband is home, and the fact that the kids do act out when they deploy, but at least you have someone who is there for you.  You can say, yeah, it's hard but I am doing this for my husband and for my kids.  A lot of times, these women are all their kids have.  They CONSTANTLY have to be the father and mother and at one point and time in the kids' life they will have to explain to their kids that their dad's just didn't want them so they left.  Think about that.  They only Military wives I feel empathy for are Gold Star Wives.  But, that in itself is a whole different story.
Anyways, another thing that kills me, wives who broadcast their husband's problems to the world.  I don't get it.  Seems like they are more in it for the sympathy.  I know my husband would be upset if I ever talked about any kind of illness he had. (Not saying he does, I am just saying) He would say it's not my business to tell... and he would have a valid point. Where as he is my husband, I feel and strongly believe that certain things should stay between a husband and wife, and not the whole world.  Why would you want to tell everyone about it anyways?? It's nothing to be proud of.  It's not something you brag about.  So why even talk about it? It's not a fashion statement, it's not the new 'rehab'.  I don't know it just kind of gets to me.  I have seen so many wives talk about what is wrong with their husband, and it seems like it's all they want to talk about.  I understand needing that shoulder when things get hard, but really?? Must you talk about it all of the time, bringing it up at every given moment that you can work it into? I just really don't understand some people.  Who knows.  Anyways, thanks for reading!!

Tamara D

No comments:

Post a Comment