26 June 2011

Runnin' Rampant

     So, I spent the weekend cleaning my entire place. Front to back, side to side (haha) and I felt so accomplished after doing so.  Then, I realized that the one person who I wanted to brag about it to was gone... away at sea, God knows where doing God knows what. This kind of bummed me out, actually it bummed me out pretty bad.  I have come to see that the further along in this pregnancy I get, the more emotional I get.  (I am 8 months now)

     Right about the time I wanted to break down and cry, our youngest comes in and asks for a bed time story.  So, she grabs her daddy doll, her elly the elephant, and blanket and we go in her and her sister's room to read a story.  Now, I love reading the girls stories at night. It's relaxing to me.  Except for tonight... our youngest asked that I read the story in Daddy's voice. I know you might be thinking "awe how sweet" and it is, but tonight, it was just another reminder that he is gone for the moment.  (sigh) Anyways, I read her the story and then she asks me to read her letter from Daddy that is on the back of her daddy pillow.  After I am finished reading his letter to her, holding in all of my tears, she says to me "mommy, you can hug my daddy pillow if it will make you feel better"  TOTALLY lost it at that point.


     So, all in all I don't know what is going on with my emotions, but they are running rampant.  I hope to get back to my old "I'm tougher than shit and I can do this"  self.  I am not a fan of crying over things I can't change.  On that note, I hope all is well in your lives and I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Much love,
Tamara D

No comments:

Post a Comment