04 April 2010

Friends

I have went from having hundreds of friends to now just a few. I have my friends back home and then I have my military wife friends. There are not a lot of military wives that I am friends with, but I cherish these women. I never thought that women could become friends and I mean really good friends just because our husbands work in the same area or company. I was so scare moving here because I knew that I was leaving my friends behind... and one friend in particular broke my heart (yes you Jewel) Jewel was at my house every weekend.. and we talked on the phone for hours right after she left.. hell we still talk on the phone for hours... lol... but then I came up here to good all J vegas... and was introduced to who I didn't know would end up becoming one of the best friends that I ever had... my dear Rachel. I have slowly met other wives here as well... from facebook and myspace... but you know these women have always been so nice to me... they have always been there for me... when I needed them the most. I love the fact that I can wake up at 3 am and more than likely there is at least one wife that is online that i can talk to. They range from Lcpl wives to Ssgt's and above. They are a whole new breed of friends..and it is going to kill me when one of them pcs's or we pcs... because I won't have that friend right down the road again. I am truly blessed to have these women in my life. They have seen me at my high points and at my low points.. with a lot of my friends back home... it took years to get to where me and the wives here accomplished in weeks or days. I love my friends back home.. but when you realize that there is a chance that you won't have the years to build up that friendship.. you find yourself bonding with in weeks. It just truly amazes me how blessed that I am .

No comments:

Post a Comment